- Never clean your hardwood floor with water or bleach.
- Keep floor mats at all entrance ways to keep dirt and moisture from being tracked on your floor. Place walk off mats at all exterior entrances. This will capture much of the harmful dirt before it ever reaches the hardwood floor. Shake out, wash and vacuum mats and rugs frequently.
- To avoid water marks, never let spills of any type remain on the surface of the floor. Wipe up spills immediately.
- Rotate area rugs occasionally to minimize discoloration from sunlight. All rugs should allow floors to breathe. Avoid rubber backed or non ventilated rugs.
- Use soft furniture protectors under all furniture.
acuum and sweep your floor as often as required to eliminate dust and debris from your floor. This may have to be done on a daily basis; depending on the amount of traffic in your home.
When moving heavy furniture or appliances put a large heavy blanket underneath them to avoid scratches and dents.
Do not wear high heels on your hardwood floor. Spiked shoes exert approximately 1000 pounds per square inch. Old, unprotected tips will dent any hardwood floor.
Try to maintain an average humidity level of 45% in order to minimize the expansion and contraction in your floor.
Use a recommended hardwood flooring cleaner. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner has been specially formulated to eliminate streaking and residue.
Minimize surface scratches by keeping your pets nails trimmed.